PRICE: $500 – $750
A successful business site (especially for trades and services) doesn’t always need to be big and bold. Many times a simple landing page with effective keywords and a strong “call to action” message, gets a much better conversion rate. I often recommend running these pages alongside a Google Adwords Campaign to ensure you get the quickest results possible on the web today.
These can always be added to as time goes by and many online promotions now deliberately utilise several different keyword specific websites and test them side by side to see which one most effectively achieves the results intended.
Visit Blocked Drains In Melbourne to find out what it’s like.
A simple 3 page business site like this one costs around $500
A simple 3 page business site like this one where I write your content and articles costs around $750.
Often I’ll include a facebook page and google plus page setup to match your new landing pages as well.
“…WOW! You got it done overnight. I think it’s amazing. Thank you. Send me the invoice. You’re the best at this! What more can I say, except now I want you to set up my Adwords campaign and work on some videos too if that’s OK.”. – Lyndon from LJR Plumbing Contractors.
When Building a Website Turns Into Something More
During the first consultation he told me how he wanted his business to expand. He already had a website listed under his business name but as he carried some specialized equipment to unblock clogged drains that most home plumbers don’t carry, he thought it wise to direct advertising to that marketplace. We quickly brainstormed a few ideas, I did some rapid keyword research using the Google Adwords tool and within about 15 minutes, a brand new domain name was registered. Drains-Blocked.com
There are a couple interesting things to note about using keywords and registering domain names:
Number 1 … Google pay more attention to the terms contained in a domain than anywhere else on a page.
Number 2 … Most people would probably have just searched for “blockeddrains”, found it already taken and given up. But it’s even easier for Google to recognise the exact terms when a hyphen is added between the words, and it makes no difference what order they are placed.
Number 3 … An Australian business tends to baulk at registering a .com domain as most believe that a .com.au will generate more traffic. But, there’s a little trick we use in Google Webmaster Tools where we can specify the country our domain is targeting – namely Australia – and results for our .com domain will be shown equally to all Australian searchers.
Number 4 … A .com domain is still the most recognised extension of all. I’ve owned .info .biz .net and .org and from my experience, .com reigns supreme with country specific domains coming a close second.
FURTHER READING: Pick up our free E-Book “How To Construct A Successful Landing Page” to find out how this all works in more detail.
Here’s how we expanded his business profile quickly and easily on the internet:
- Overnight, his second Business Landing Page was constructed … SEE http://drains-blocked.com.
- A few weeks later we talked about running an advertising campaign to generate more business so he could fulfill his desire to put on more staff (currently at 7 and wanting to expand to 10). Now I’m fussy about building strong foundations (maybe I should have been in the construction industry … lol) so I decided to set up a solid Social Networking presence to ensure we drove traffic to his existing websites as soon as possible, reducing the need to pay for advertising all of his business life.
- Next step, as he was already on Facebook, a proper Local Business Listed Facebook Page under his company name was required. I created https://www.facebook.com/LJR.plumbing.contractors with instructions to invite his friends and let it grow organically from there. An important note when creating Facebook pages, you need to get more than 25 “likes” for your page to claim the dedicated URL name. Customers can then write reviews and give a star rating to your business which is easily searchable through this enormous networking medium.
- Another possibly even more important task is to claim your business under your Google Maps listing and connect to your personal Google Plus Page (if you have one). https://plus.google.com/108164344201100411632 … (PLEASE NOTE: Dedicated URL will be change to plus.google.com/+LJRPlumbingContractors once we have the business website verified by Google. To do this, we need to add a small piece of html into the website header and confirm a code that Google sends to our registered address which should arrive within two weeks – pretty simple really). The biggest benefit of a Google Plus page is your customers have the option to add a review and star rating here too … which then shows up prominently in Local Google Maps and all other general indexed search results.
- Next, he sent me an iphone video of some of the work he’d just been doing. As this seemed like something he’d be interested in doing repeatedly, I created a dedicated YouTube Channel as well. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2WrNTvOu6MjZFqQfe4xu0A . Please note, name will be changed to the business name when the business website gets verified too. You have the option to add social networking links to the cover art as we have done here, enabling cross linking to all social networking entities.
- Now, we’re up to running a Google Adwords Advertising Campaign and testing two landing pages. One to his business site LJR Plumbing Contractors in Berwick and the other to the more specific Fix Blocked Drains In Melbourne.
We’ll keep you updated with what works and our successes along the way.
Just sign up to receive our occasional email newsletter below.